Making a difference for women, children and environmental sustainability to make a brighter future for our children
The Kythera Foundation is committed to enriching the communities in which we work and invest through a combination of in-house programs and venture philanthropy, funding the best programs we can find to support our mission. By employing a disciplined approach of measuring the impact of programs in the communities we support, the Kythera Foundation seeks to ensure we are achieving our objectives of advancing educational opportunities, health and well-being programs for women and children and the advancement of women as leaders in business, government and technology – supporting gender equality around the world is a significant priority. Lastly, issues of environmental sustainability remain a key focus for us as our efforts to support women and children only matter so long as we have a sustainable environment in which to live.
Up to 10% of the Firm’s profit is committed to the Foundation to support philanthropy and 100% of the Foundation’s expenses are paid by Kythera Capital, so all proceeds received by the Foundation go directly to advancing selected initiatives.
The Kythera Foundation seeks to offer funding to community organizations that fit within guidelines of our mission. Sponsored organizations must demonstrate sound business practices and be willing to adopt specific techniques to enable their organizations to operate more effectively and efficiently. The entire team commits some portion of their time to work directly with sponsored organization to ensure they have the skills needed to apply disciplined techniques to measure the impact of their organizations in the community.
- Offer sponsorships/grants to local organizations to build/enhance programs that assist under-privileged women, children and families with education and health care and wellbeing-based initiatives
- Offer sponsorships/grants to local organizations to build/enhance programs that support career development for woman and which advance gender equality
- Offer sponsorships/grants to local organizations to build/enhance programs that advance environmental sustainability including support for research and technologies which will address critical environmental issues
SCHOLARSHIPS / INTERNSHIPS
The Kythera Foundation seeks to award merit-based educational scholarships and international work study/internships to students who have demonstrated academic excellence.
- Woman Leader’s Program: International Internships offered to women who have demonstrated academic excellence, regardless of financial need
- Grants offered to qualifying families of portfolio companies or the communities in which we operate who have demonstrated academic excellence and have a financial need
Patient long-term capital and investing across the capital structure to unlock potential
Supporting the Manufacturing Revolution in the sports apparel supply chain in the Americas and Europe
Making a difference with women, children and environmental sustainability to make a brighter future for our children